Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Mental Health (CAPMH), is a leading open access journal in the field of Child and Adolescent Mental Health and provides an international platform for rapid and comprehensive scientific communication on child and adolescent mental health across different cultural backgrounds. It aims to improve the knowledge base for the diagnosis, prognosis and treatment of mental health conditions in children and adolescents, and to integrate basic science, clinical research and the practical implementation of research findings. CAPMH is the official journal of the International Association for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Allied Professions (IACAPAP).
Established in 2007, CAPMH is owned and published by BMC, part of Springer Nature. It covers all the latest research in the field and its content gets over 45,000 accesses each month.
BMC is seeking to appoint two Editors-in-Chief to succeed Professor Joerg M Fegert, the founding Editor of CAPMH. The newly appointed Editors-in-Chief will have full editorial responsibility for the content published in the journal and for ensuring that the ethos, editorial standards, policies and scope of CAPMH are maintained. They will also be responsible for providing strategic guidance and overseeing the commissioning of non-research content. BMC is seeking to increase diversity of editorial boards. Therefore, we encourage joint applications of gender diverse teams ideally from different continents including different professional backgrounds (i.e. child and adolescent psychiatry and psychology).
The ideal candidates will be:
- Physicians and researchers with broad experience in the field of Child Psychiatry and/or Psychology, and be able to demonstrate their impact in the field with an extensive publication history.
- Experienced as journal Editors, with strong critical analysis and appraisal skills, and a good understanding of peer review and publication ethics.
- Keen supporters of open access publishing.
- Able to demonstrate strong leadership.
- Excellent strategic planners with the ability to develop a clear vision for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Mental Health.
- Interested in building strong community relationships with child and adolescent psychiatry and mental health experts at all levels.
- Keen to innovate and continuously develop Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Mental Health.
- Engaged with technology and willing to use the Journal’s online submission and peer review tools.
- Able to dedicate time on a regular basis to a busy and thriving journal.
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Mental Health is currently supported by an Editorial Office run by the publisher for administrative services, and is further supported by a committed team of Associate Editors. The position offers an honorarium, whilst the time commitment is flexible, we anticipate the post-holder would also have a full-time position elsewhere.
Term of appointment
The term of office will be for five years, with an option for renewal by mutual consent for a further five years.
Further details regarding the role and a detailed job description can be obtained by contacting Sara Ho, Senior Journal Development Editor, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Individual and joint applications will be considered. Applications should include a full CV, a letter explaining your interest in the post, and an outline of what your editorial policy and vision might be. Applications should be sent to Sara Ho, at email@example.com
Closing date for applications
30th November 2020
Interviews and start date
Interviews will be held from December 2020, with a start date on the 1st November 2021.